Wiley is a signatory to the STM permissions guidelines, which encourage the granting of permission by one STM signatory publisher to another for republication of content in a new publication.
This includes free of charge permission to re-use:
- Up to 3 figures or tables from a journal article or book chapter
- Not more than 5 figures from a journal issue or complete book
- Not more than 6 figures from an entire journal volume
- In total not more than 30 figures from Wiley publications for re-publication in a book, including a multi-volume book, with different authors per chapter
- Single text extracts of less than 400 words
- Not more than 800 words from a whole book or journal issue
Further information on the STM Guidelines, including details of excluded content, can be found here.
Wiley’s Rightslink® transactional permissions service enables STM Signatory publishers to quickly download a permissions license free of charge within the terms of the STM Guidelines.
Requests outside of the STM permissions guidelines can also be licensed and purchased via RightsLink®.
If your requested content is not available via RightsLink® please email: firstname.lastname@example.org